Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1885.

[No. 332.—Petition of Wi Teruru and Others.]

No. 332.—Petition of Wi Teruru and Others.

Petitioners state that, when the Court sat at Uawa, a block of land called Tauwharepapa was awarded to them. The land was afterwards divided into two equal parts, of 5,000 acres each. One-half they sold to the Government, and the other half they retained, and are living on it. They say they were induced to sign a lease of their portion with a purchasing clause, which they did not intend to do, as they wish to keep their land. They pray for relief.

Report and date same as No. 48.

[Translation.]
No. 332.—Pukapuka-inoi a Wi Teruru me etahi atu.

E ki ana nga kai-pitihana i te nohanga o te Kooti ki Uawa ka whakataua tetahi Poraka whenua e karangatia nei ko Tauwharepapa ki a ratou, I muri iho ka wahia te whenua i waenganui e 5,000 eka o tetahi wehenga e rima mano o tetahi, ko tetahi 5,000 eka i hokona ki te Kawanatanga ko tetahi i purutia a kei te noho ratou i runga. E ki ana ratou he mea whakahau ratou kia nainatia he riihi me te hoko i muri iho kihai ratou i pai kia peneitia, i hiahia hoki ratou ki te pupuri i to ratou whenua. E tono ana i tetahi ora mo ratou.

E rite tonu ana te ripoata mo tenei pitihana me te ra i tuhia ai ki te Nama 48.