Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1884, No. 2.

[No. 89, Sess. II.—Petition of Robert Studholme Thompson.]

No. 89, Sess. II.—Petition of Robert Studholme Thompson.

Petitioner states that his wife is a tribal owner in land set aside by the Royal Commission for the Ngatimanuhiakai hapu of Ngaruahine on the Waimate Plains, and that he petitioned in the year 1881 for a separate reserve, and in 1882 also, representing that it was not fair for his wife to share alike in a reserve for reclaimed rebels. This second petition was recognized, and he was promised that individualization should take place as soon as possible. He now prays for relief.

Report and date same as No. 16.

[Translation.]
No. 89, Sess. II.—Pukapuka-inoi a Ropata Tutahomu Tamihana.

E Ki ana te kai-pitihana he wahine whai whenua tana wahine i roto i etahi whenna i Waimate i whakaritea e nga Komihana ma Ngatimanuhiakai he hapu no Ngaruahine, a i pitihana ia i te tau 1881 me te tau 1882 mo tetahi rahui motuhake me te ki atu kihai i tika kia whai hea tahi tana wahine i roto i tetahi whenua rahui mo nga tangata raupatu, i whakaarohia ano tana pitihana tuarua, a i whakaaetia atu tera e wehewehea tatatia te whenua. E inoi ana ia kia whakaputaina tetahi ora mona.

Kei te Nama 16 te ripoata mo tenei me te ra i tuhia ai.