Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1882.

[No. 101 of 1882.—Petition of Tamati te Wera and 4 Others.]

No. 101 of 1882.—Petition of Tamati te Wera and 4 Others.

Petitioners complain that the Wellington City Reserves have not been managed for their benefit, and complain of frauds. That in consequence of this fraud they had taken possession of the land, to recover which an action of ejectment is pending in the Supreme Court. They ask that Natives should be joined with the Governor's delegate in administering the trust, and that they should be heard by counsel at the bar of the House.

I am directed to report as follows:—

That the Committee does not consider it advisable to make any special report upon the petition, inasmuch as the subject-matter thereof is now in litigation in the Supreme Court.

31st July, 1882.

[Translation.]
No. 101 of 1882.—Pukapuka-inoi a Tamati te Wera me etahi atu 4.

E Ki ana nga kai-pitihana, kaore i te whakahaerea nga Rahui i Poneke hei oranga mo ratou, e ki ana hoki i mahia tahaetia. Na no runga i taua tahae ka tahi ratou ka tango i taua whenua, kei te tarewa i naianei te whakawa i te Hupirimi Kooti hei pana i a ratou. E tono ana kia uru he maori hei hoa mo te Kai-whakakapi o te Kawana hei whakahaere i nga tikanga tiaki mo aua whenua, e tono ana hoki kia whakapuakina a ratou take e to ratou roia ki te aroaro o te Whare.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei:—

Ki te whakaaro a te Komiti e kore e tika kia rapua he tino ripoata mo tenei take natemea kei te whakawakia taua raruraru i roto i te Hupirimi Kooti.

31 Hurae, 1882.