Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1882.

[No. 116 of 1882.—Petition of H. K. Taiaroa, Esq., M.H.R.]

No. 116 of 1882.—Petition of H. K. Taiaroa, Esq., M.H.R.

Petitioner complains that an area of eight acres at Otago Heads, though included in the survey of his land, was not included in the Crown grant. He prays that a Crown grant be now issued to him for this land.

I am directed to report as follows:—

The land referred to is a piece of Native land lying between a little stream called Waipepeka and the sea, and is not included in any grant. There seems every reason to believe that the land was omitted from being Crown-granted by mistake. The Committee recommends that if, upon further inquiry by the Government, it be found that this is so, a Crown grant be issued without unnecessary delay.

12th July, 1882.

[Translation.]
No. 116 of 1882.—Pukapuka-inoi a H. K. Taiaroa, Esq., M.H.R.

E Wharahe ana te kai-pitihana mo tetahi piihi e 8 eka te nui kei Otakou Heeti i ruritia i te ruritanga o tona piihi whenua engari kaore i uru ki roto ki tona Karauna Karaati. E inoi ana ia kia whakaputaina i naianei he Karauna Karaati ki a ia mo taua piihi whenua.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei:—

Ko te whenua e korerotia nei i roto i te pitihana he wahi whenua e takoto ana i waenganui i tetahi awa paku ko Waipepeka me te moana a kaore ano kia Karaatitia. E ahua kitea ana i pohehe te mahuetanga o taua whenua ki waho o te Karauna Karaati. E mea ana te Komiti ki te kitea e te Kawanatanga he mea pera i runga i tana tirotiro me whakaputa wawe tonu he Karauna Karaati.

12 Hurae, 1882.