Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1882.

[No. 430 of 1882.—Petition of Manaena Tini and 170 Others.]

No. 430 of 1882.—Petition of Manaena Tini and 170 Others.

Petitioners state that they are interested in lands dealt with by" The Mohaka and Waikare Districts Act, 1870;" that the settlement under the Act was not made with the true owners; that the land was further dealt with by" The Native Lands Amendment Act, 1881;" that no Crown grants have been issued; that part of the land has been leased to Europeans, with whose rights petitioners do not wish to interfere. They ask that the whole question should be reopened with a view to secure their rights.

I am directed to report as follows:—

That at the Court held at Napier in July, 1882, the laws relating to the Mohaka-Waikare Block seem to have been carried out, as also the agreement made on 13th June, 1870, and the Committee has therefore no recommendation to make.

30th August, 1882.

[Translation.]
No. 430 of 1882.—Pukapuka-inoi a Manaena Tini me etahi atu 170.

E Ki ana nga kai-pitihana kei te whai-take ratou i etahi whenua i whakahaerea i raro i te" Ture Takiwa o Mohaka me Waikare, 1870;" ko te whakaritenga i raro i taua Ture kihai i mahia ki nga tengata no ratou ake te whenua; i whakahaerea ano aua whenua i raro i te" Ture Whakatikatika i nga Ture Whenua Maori,1881;" kaore ano kia whakaputaina he Karauna karaati; kua riihitia tetahi taha e te Pakeha, kaore hoki he hiahia o te kai-pitihana ki te whakararuraru i o ratou take, e tono ana ratou kia ata whiriwhiria ano kia taea ai te whakarite i o ratou take.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei:—

I te tunga o te Kooti i Nepia i Hurae 1882, i whakahaerea tonutia i runga i te ture mo Mohaka-Waikare, me te kirimene o te 13 o Hune, 1870, kaore he kupu atu a te Komiti.

30 Akuhata, 1882.