Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1881.

[No. 40 of 1881.—Petition of Hawira Maki]

No. 40 of 1881.—Petition of Hawira Maki.

Petitioner has a Crown grant for land at Rangiriri, and he alleges that the engineer has taken a line through the centre of his house.

I am directed to report as follows:—

That it would seem, from the testimony of Mr. Tole, Commissioner of Crown Lands, Auckland, that the petitioner has erected his house on Crown lands, probably in ignorance of the exact boundaryline. The Committee would recommend that Government should make further inquiry into the facts, and, should they prove to be as stated, that it should issue instructions, when advertising the land for sale, to protect the petitioner's improvements under section 155 of "The Land Act, 1877."

22nd July, 1881.

[Translation.]
No. 40 of 1881.—Pukapuka-inoi a Hawira Maki.

He karauna karaati to te kai-pitihana mo tetahi whenua kei Rangiriri, na e ki ana ia kua haere pu tonu te raina a te kaiwhakatakoto raina ma waenganui o tona whare.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei:—

I runga i nga korero a Te Tooro Komihana mo nga Whenua Karauna, o Akarana, e mea ana ko te whare ke o Hawira kei runga kei te whenua karauna e tu ana, tera pea he kore mohio no Hawira ki te tino rohe. Na era te Komiti e whakahau i te Kawanatanga kia rapua atu ano te tikanga o nga tino putake o taua mea, a mehemea ki te tupono ki tenei e korerotia nei me whakahua ano i te takiwa e panuitia ai te hoko o taua whenua kia whai tikangatia ano nga whakapainga a te kai-pitihana i raro i te tekiona 155 o "Te Ture Whenua, 1877."

22 Hurae, 1881.