Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1879, No. 2.

[No. 355, Session II.—Petition of H. Tarawhiti.]

No. 355, Session II.—Petition of H. Tarawhiti.

Petitioner states that 50 acres of land, known as Tukupoto, situated at Taupiri, was formerly granted as a school endowment, and that his dead are buried there. The Rev. R. Burrows wrote to the late Mr. McLean asking that the power of the Crown grant may be transferred to petitioner, which was agreed to; but, owing to so much trouble, the carrying-out of this promise has been delayed. He prays that the Crown grant may be issued to him in trust as a school site.

I am directed to report as follows:—

That the Committee regret that the time at their disposal has not been sufficient to enable them to make such inquiries as would justify them in reporting an opinion on the subject-matter of this petition.

11th December 1879.

[Translation.]
No. 355, Session II.—Te Pitihana a H. Tarawhiti.

E ki ana te kai-pitihana ko tetahi whenua e 50 eka e mohiotia ana ko Tukupoto i karaatitia mo tetahi kura a kei reira ona tupapaku e tanu ana. I tuhi ano a te Rev. R. Burrows kia te Makarini kua mate ra kia tukua te mana o te Karauna karaati ki te kai-pitihana—whakaaetia ana—engari he nui no te raruraru i roa ai te whakaoti i taua whakaaetanga. E inoi ana ia kia whakaputaina te Karauna karaati ki a ia mana e tiaki hei turanga kura.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei:—

E pouri ana te Komiti i te poto o te takiwa i a ratou hei tirotirohanga ma ratou e tika ai te whakatau i tetahi kupu mo runga i nga putake korero o roto i tenei pitihana.

11 Tihema 1879.