Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1879, No. 2.

[No. 147, Session II.—Petition of E. F. Harris.]

No. 147, Session II.—Petition of E. F. Harris.

Petitioner states that he presented a petition in 1878, for himself and six relatives; that the petition was sent to the Government for consideration by the Native Affairs Committee; that he wrote to the Native Minister to settle his claim; that he was informed that the Government had made full inquiry, and that they were at a loss to know what other investigation to make. Petitioner was never consulted, and he prays that the Committee may grant him compensation.

I am directed to report as follows:—

That the Committee regret that the time at their disposal has not been sufficient to enable them to complete the inquiry into this petition.

11th December 1879.

[Translation.]
No. 147, Session II.—Te Pukapuka-inoi a E. F. Harete.

E ki ana te kai-pitihana i tuku pitihana ia i te tau 1878, mo te taha ki a ia me ona whanaunga e ono, na tukua atu ana taua pitihana ki te Kawanatanga e te Komiti mo nga mea Maori kia whakaarohia e ratou. I tuhituhi ia ki te Minita mo te taha Maori kia whakaritea tana tono, na ko te kupu ake a te Kawanatanga ki a ia i mea kua tino rapua e ratou taua mea a kaore he tikanga kimi ano ki ta ratou whakaaro. Kihai i tae ake he kupu korero ki te kai-pitihana no reira ka inoi ia kia puta he ora ki a ia a te Komiti.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei:—

E pouri ana te Komiti mo te poto o te takiwa i a ratou e oti ai te tirotirohanga i nga putake o roto i tenei pitihana.

11 Tihema 1879.