Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1879, No. 2.

[No. 70, Session II.—Petition of Rihari Uru te Angina.]

No. 70, Session II.—Petition of Rihari Uru te Angina.

Petitioner prays that the House will devise some means of restoring to his hapu a piece of land about 1,800 acres, which had been sold by Piripi and Rimitiriu to a European. He states that they had no right to sell that land, because they never lived on it, nor were any of their dead buried there—his friends alone being there buried. The right of his hapu to the land had always been indisputably recognized.

I am directed to report as follows:—

That the Committee re-affirm the report made upon the case on the 14th November, 1877.

4th November 1879.

Translation.
No. 70, Session II.—Pukapuka-inoi a Rihari Uru Te Angina.

E inoi ana te kai-pitihana ki te Whare kia whakaritea etahi tikanga e hoki ai ki tona hapu tetahi piihi whenua e 1,800 eka, i hokona taua whenua e Piripi me Rimitiriu ki tetahi pakeha. E ki ana te kai-pitihana kaore he take o aua tangata ki taua whenua katoa, no te mea kaore raua i runga e noho ana, a kaore hoki o raua tupapaku i tanumia ki reira. Nona no te kai-pitihana anake nga tupapaku i reira, a ko te take o tona hapu ki reira e tino mohiotia ana.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei:—

Ka whakatuturutia e te Komiti te kupu whiriwhiri mo runga i taua pitihana o te 14 o nga ra o Noema, 1877.

Noema 4, 1879.