Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1877.

[Report on Petition of Hemi Waaka and Others]

Report on Petition of Hemi Waaka and Others.

This petition, which is from members of the Ngaitamanuwhiri, makes a variety of suggestions as to the manner in which tribal and individual titles to Native lands should be dealt with.

I am directed to report as follows:—

That, as the proposed legislation on the subject of Native lands has been withdrawn from the consideration of the House for the present session, the Committee do not deem it necessary to report a specific opinion on the subject-matter of this petition, but recommend its contents to the consideration of the House when the proposed legislation with regard to the management of Native lands is brought before it.

John Bryce,
Chairman.

23rd October, 1877.

[Translation.]
Ko te kupu a te Komiti mo runga i te Pukapuka-inoi a Hemi Waaka ma.

Na Ngaitamanuwhiri tenei pukakuka-inoi he tohutohu mai i etahi ritenga maha e whakahaarea ai nga tikanga e pa ana ki nga take whenua Maori.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei atu ki te Whare:—

Notemea kua unuhia ki waho o te Whare inaianei nga Ture i kiia ra kia mahia mo nga whenua Maori kahore te Komiti i whakaaro kia whai kupu tuturu ratou mo runga i tenei Pukapuka-inoi, engari e mea ana ratou ki te Whare kia whakaarohia nga kupu o tenei pukapuka-inoi a te wa e korerotia ai nga tikanga mo nga whenua Maori i te aroaro o te Whare.

John Bryce,
Tumuaki.

Oketopa 23, 1877.
page 34