Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1877.

[Report on Petition of Henare te Moananui and Others. (Presented in 1876.)]

Report on Petition of Henare te Moananui and Others. (Presented in 1876.)

This is a petition presented during last session, and referred back in consequence of the Native Affairs Committee of last year not having reported an opinion to the House.

Petitioners pray for the formation of a road between Whangarei and Tutukaka, and also for the erection of a school for their children, and state that they will never cease from urging these matters on the attention of the House.

I am directed to report as follows:—

That the Committee understand that during the recess the request for a school has been complied with. The demand for a road to be constructed is one which must be left for the consideration of the. Government; and I am directed to report accordingly.

John Bryce,
Chairman.

18th September, 1877.

[Translation.]
Ko te Kupu a te Komiti mo runga i te Pukapuka-inoi a Henare te Moananui ma. (No te tau 1876 i tukua mai ai.)

No tera tau i tukua mai ai tenei pukapuka-inoi, i whakahokia mai notemea kihai te Komiti o tera tau i whai kupu tuturu ki te Whare.

E tono ana nga kai-inoi kia hanga he rori i waenganui o Whangarei o Tutukaka, kia whakaturia hoki he kura mo a ratou tamariki, e ki ana ratou ekore rawa e mutu ta ratou tohe mo enei mea ki te Whare.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei atu ki te Whare:—

Kua rongo te Komiti kua ea te tono mo te kura i muri mai o tera nohoanga o te Runanga. Ko te tone mo te rori kia hanga ma te Kawanatanga tera e whakaaro a kua whakahaua ahau kia tohutohu pera atu ki te Whare.

John Bryce,
Tumuaki.

Hepetema 18, 1877.