Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1877.

[Report on Petition of Raniera Wharerau and Others. (Presented in 1876.)]

Report on Petition of Raniera Wharerau and Others. (Presented in 1876.)

Petitioners complain that the names of Native owners of land in common have been excluded from the electoral roll.

I am directed to report as follows:—

That, in the opinion of the Committee, the Government should inquire into the matter, and apprise the petitioners and Returning Officers, through the Gazette or otherwise, as to the exact state of the law on the subject.

John Bryce,
Chairman.

6th September, 1877.

[Translation.]
Ko te Kupu a te Komiti mo runga i te Pukapuka-inoi a Raniera Wharerau ma. (No te tau 1876 i tukua mai ai.)

E whakaatu mai ana nga kai-inoi i to ratou pouri mo te kapenga o nga ingoa o nga tangata Maori e whai take tahi ana ki te whenua ki waho o te pukapuka rarangi ingoa o nga tangata e whai mana ana ki te pooti mema.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei atu ki te Whare:—

Ko te whakaaro o te Komiti ma te Kawanatanga e uiui nga tikanga o tenei mea a me whakamarama e ratou i runga i te panui i te Kahiti i tetahi atu whakaaturanga ranei kia mohio ai nga Kai-whakahaere o nga Pooti ki te tino tuturutanga o te Ture mo taua tikanga.

John Bryce,
Tumuaki.

Hepetema 6, 1877.
page 15