Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1876.

[Report on Petition of Maihi P. Kawiti]

page 5

Report on Petition of Maihi P. Kawiti.

The petitioner prays that his pension, forty pounds (£40) a year, may be increased to two hundred and fifty (£250), and that it may continue to his children after him, on the grounds that he has, by selling land, building, &c., so benefited the white races as to warrant his petitioning in the above manner.

I am directed to report as follows:—That the Committee beg to recommend that the petition be referred to the Government, to take such action thereon as they may think meet.

John Bryce, Chairman.

27th July, 1876.

[Translation.]
Te Kupu a te Komiti mo runga i te Pukapuka-inoi a Maihi P. Kawiti.

E tono ana te Kai-inoi kia nukuhia tona penihana e wha nei te kau pauna (£40), i te tau kia tae ra ano ki te rua rau me te rima tekau (£250); a kia mau tonu iho hoki ki ona uri. Te take o tana tono e ki ana ia nana te mahi hoko whenua, te whakatu whare, me etahi atu mea i whai painga ai te pakeha; koia ia i kaha ai ki te tuku mai i tana pukapuka-inoi.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei atu:—Ki te whakaaro o te Komiti me tuku te pukapuka-inoi ki te Kawanatanga kia waiho ma ratou te whakaaro ki te whakahaere i ta ratou e pai ai.

John Bryce,
Tumuaki.

Hurae 27, 1876.