Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1876.

[Report of the gold fields committee. Report on the Petition of W. H. Taipari]

Report of the gold fields committee.
Report on the Petition of W. H. Taipari.

The Petitioner makes application for the sum of five thousand pounds (£5,000) for finding, giving information of, and opening a payable gold field in the Province of Auckland.

I am directed to report as follows:—"That the Committee are of opinion that the five thousand pounds (£5,000) reward offered by the Provincial Government of Auckland having been distributed (after full inquiry by a Special Commission appointed for that purpose) to the Petitioner and others, no claim now exists against the Government."

Vincent Pyke,
Chairman.

23rd July, 1876.

[Translation.]
Ko te Kupu a te Komiti mo runga i te Pukapuka Inoi aW. H. Taipari.

E tono ana te Kai-inoi ki te moni e rima mano pauna (£5,000) mo tana kitenga, whakinga, whakatowheratanga hoki i tetahi whenua koura whai ritenga i te Porowini o Akarana.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei ki te Whare:— "E whakaaro ana te Komiti notemea ko te rima mano Pauna (£5,000) i whakaaria e te Porowini o Akarana kua wehewehea (i muri o te ata kimihanga a tetahi Komihana i whakaturia mo taua mea) ki te Kai-inoi me etahi atu kahore e ahei tetahi tono ma ratou inaianei ki te Kawanatanga."

Vincent Pyke,
Tumuaki.

Hurae 25, 1876.