Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1876.

[Report on the Petition of Waretini Tuainuku and 5 Others.]

page 12

Report on the Petition of Waretini Tuainuku and 5 Others.

Petitioners pray that surveyors be sent to determine the boundaries of certain reserves at Horo-whenua set apart by the Government, and complain that their cultivations thereon have been disturbed by the Muaupoko.

I am directed to report that, in the opinion of the Committee, the attention of the Government should be given to this matter, in order that the grievances complained of in the petition be removed as soon as possible.

John Bryce,
Chairman.

6th September, 1876.

[Translation.]
Ko te Kupu a te Komiti mo runga i te Pukapuka-inoi a Waretini Tuainuku me ona hoa e 5.

E tona ana nga kai-inoi kia tukua atu he kai-ruri ki te whakatuturu i nga rohe o etahi porowhita kei Horowhenua i whakaritea e te Kawanatanga, e ki ana hoki ratou ko o ratou mahinga kai kua whakararurarua e Muaupoko.

Kua whakahaua ahua kia ki penei atu ki te Whare:—E whakaaro ana te Komiti me titiro e te Kawanatanga tenei mea kia tere ai te kore atu nga mate e pouritia nei i roto i nga kupu o te pukapuka-inoi.

John Bryce,
Tumuaki.

Hepetema 6, 1876.