Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1876.

[Report on the Petition of Rawiri te Wanui and 14 Others]

Report on the Petition of Rawiri te Wanui and 14 Others.

The petitioners state that a block of land containing 18,600 acres, situated in the Manawatu-Rangitikei District, was unjustly taken from them by the late Dr. Featherston, and they pray for the restoration of the same.

I am directed to report as follows:—

That it appears, from such evidence as the Committee have been able to obtain, that the case was fully heard at the Native Lands Court.

The Committee do not see their way to recommend an alteration of the Court's decision.

John Bryce,
Chairman.

15th August, 1876.

[Translation.]
Ko te kupu a te Komiti mo runga i te Pukapuka-inoi a Rawiri te Wanui me ona hoa 14.

E ki ana nga kai-inoi i tangohia hetia e Takuta Petatone i a ratou, tetahi whenua tona nui 18,600 eka kei waenga nui o Manawatu o Rangitikei a e inoi ana ratou kia whakahokia taua whenua ki a ratou.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei atu ki te Whare:—

E kitea ana i runga i nga korero i taea te tiki e te komiti i ata whakarangona nga tikanga o ta ratou tono i te aroaro o te Kooti Whakawa Whenua Maori.

Kahore te Komiti e kite i tetahi huarahi ma ratou i whakaarohia ai kia whakarerea ketia te whakataunga a te Kooti.

John Bryce,
Tumuaki.

Akuhata 15, 1876.