Journal of the Nelson and Marlborough Historical Societies, Volume 2, Issue 3, 1989
Billy Addison retired in 1938 and sold Te Hapu to the Cowin Brothers on 12 May 1939. None of the sons were interested in taking over the farm at that time, because of the economic conditions and probably, more importantly, they had all built lives for themselves elsewhere.
Billy and Eveline bought a farm on the outskirts of Rangiora, after a short period. In 1943 they bought a dairy at 59 Rutland Street, in Christchurch, where Eveline died after a few months. Billy bought two flats at 21 Conference Street and lived in one until he died in July 1947.
Leslie Addison became a school teacher on the West Coast and died of TB in 1936.
Jack Addison became a Registered Surveyor, served in the Engineers Corp in the Middle East in WW2 and later became a Registered Civil Engineer and died in Wellington in 1981. Reg Addison became an Electrical Engineer after working on radar installations around Wellington in WW2 and died in Wellington in 1977. Lilian Addison died in Waimate in 1976. Stanley Guy Addison died as an infant of two years old in Collingwood in 1916.