Other formats

    TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  


    mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Nelson Historical Society Journal, Volume 2, Issue 1, 1966

Arrow Rock:

Arrow Rock:

Named after the ship Arrow and also named Fifeshire Rock because of that vessel's mishap when leaving the Port in February, 1842.

A striking rock in the old entrance to Nelson Haven surrounded by reefs which have been demolished by explosives at various times seemingly without much effect. It is much beloved by photographers and a certain colony of shags which spends part of the year in residence on it, and we are told by the geologists, that it is formed of angular blocks of syenite breccia.