Illustrated Guide to Christchurch and Neighbourhood
Canterbury Bowling Club
Canterbury Bowling Club.
This Club, whose ground is on a half-acre section in Cashel-street, Christchurch (opposite the Temperance Hotel), was established in October, 1883, and has fifty-five members. In 1884 it played the Victorian bowlers, the game resulting in a tie. In the same year it played a rink of. Dunedin players, page 118winning by three to one; and it also beat the Christchurch Bowling Club twice—once on each of the grounds. This year, in playing return matches, it has been beaten once by the other local Club. Messrs. W. H. Partridge and B. Hale are the vice-Presidents. Committee—Messrs. Frank Hobbs, A. Urquhart, L. Bergh, and E. F. Dombrain. H. W. Toomer is the hon. Secretary.