Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

A compendium of official documents relative to native affairs in the South Island, Volume One.

No.60. — The Hon. the Colonial secretary to Mr. J. Hyde Harris, and other Residents in the Province of Otago

page 145

No.60.
The Hon. the Colonial secretary to Mr. J. Hyde Harris, and other Residents in the Province of Otago.

Colonial Secretary's Office, Wellington, 23rd July, 1867.

Gentlemen,—

I have the honor to acknowledge the receipt of your letter of the 12th instant, requesting that the moneys which have accrued from the occupation of a certain reserve in Princes Street, Dunedin, granted to the Superintendent of Otago, and which are now in the possession of the General Government, may be paid.

In reply, I have to state that the Government, after a careful review of all the circumstances of the case, is of opinion that the payment requested should be made, and will consider in what manner this can be legally effected.

I have, &c.,

Messrs. J. H. Harris, M.L.C., J. Cargill, M.H.R., J. Paterson, M.H.R., and others.
E. W. Stafford.