Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

A compendium of official documents relative to native affairs in the South Island, Volume One.

His Honor the Superintendent, Otago, to the Hon. the Colonial Secretary.Province of Otago, New Zealand, Superintendent's Office, Dunedin, 28th December, 1865

His Honor the Superintendent, Otago, to the Hon. the Colonial Secretary.Province of Otago, New Zealand, Superintendent's Office, Dunedin, 28th December, 1865.

Sir,—

I have the honor to acknowledge the receipt of your letter of the 21st November, 1865, in which I am asked to specify more particularly the trust for which the Crown Grant No. 4,871, forwarded in the letter of the Commissioner of Crown Lands, Dunedin, of the 4th ultimo, is to be issued, objection being taken to the term "for the purposes of public utility," and in reply I beg that the wording of the trust may be as follows, viz.:—"As a reserve for wharves and quays," that being the purpose for which it was originally set apart.

I have, &c.,

Thomas Dick, Superintendent.

The Hon. the Colonial Secretary, Wellington.