Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

A compendium of official documents relative to native affairs in the South Island, Volume One.

The Hon. the Colonial Secretary to His Honor the Superintendent, Otago.Colonial Secretary's Office, Wellington, 21st November, 1865

The Hon. the Colonial Secretary to His Honor the Superintendent, Otago.Colonial Secretary's Office, Wellington, 21st November, 1865.

Sir,—

I have the honor to enclose copies of a letter from the Commissioner of Crown Lands at Dunedin to the Secretary for Crown Lands, transmitting for execution two Crown Grants to the Superintendent of Otago, in trust under the Public Reserves Act, 1854 and 1862, as described in a schedule, a copy of which is enclosed, accompanying that letter.

One of those grants No. 4,871, states as the object of the trust, "for the purposes of public utility to the town of Dunedin and its inhabitants." As it is the invariable rule and requirement of the Act that the specific purpose for which a grant is asked should be stated, I have to request your Honor to be good enough to specify more particularly the object of the trust.

The other grant No. 4,872 has been duly executed and forwarded to Dunedin.

I have, &c.,

His Honor the Superintendent, Otago.

E. W. Stafford.