Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

A compendium of official documents relative to native affairs in the South Island, Volume One.

No. 23. — The Clerk of the Town Board, Dunedin, to the Commissioner of Crown Lands, Otago

No. 23.
The Clerk of the Town Board, Dunedin, to the Commissioner of Crown Lands, Otago.

Town Board Office, Dunedin, 11th July, 1863.

Sir,—

I have the honor to direct your attention to a claim of the Town Board of Dunedin for a sum of £640 12s. 1d., being cost of forming footpath in front of land the property of the General Government, situate on east side of Princes Street, Dunedin, and to request that you will as early as possible acquaint me with your decision thereon, as unless you will undertake to settle such claim at once, proceedings will be taken against the occupants of the said land.

You are doubtless aware that the present occupiers, being yearly tenants, are net liable for footpath charges, and that any expense to which they may be put may be recovered by them from the Government.,

I have, &c.,

W. H. Cutten, Esq.,
Commissioner of Crown Lands, Otago.

C. Reid,
Clerk to Town Board, Dunedin.