Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

A compendium of official documents relative to native affairs in the South Island, Volume One.

Enclosure in No. 9

Enclosure in No. 9.

Proclamation by His Excellency George Grey, Esq., Lieutenant-Governor and Commander-in-Chief in and over the Colony of New Zealand and its Dependencies, and Vice-Admiral of the same, &c., &c., &c.

In order to facilitate the acquisition of land by the New Zealand Company under the arrangement made with Her Majesty's Government, and by authority of Her Majesty's Principal Secretary of State for the Colonies, I, the Lieutenant-Governor, do hereby proclaim, that until further notice, to be duly given, I will, in favour of the New Zealand Company, and of no other person or order of persons whatever, waive the right of pre-emption of Her Majesty, her heirs and successors, of all lands and rights belonging to the Natives within such portion of the Northern and Middle Islands as are commonly known as the Company's districts.

Given under my hand and seal at Wellington, this twenty-first day of February, in the year of our Lord, one thousand eight hundred and forty-six.

G. Grey,
Lieutenant-Governor and Commander-in-Chief.

God save the Queen!

page break