Forest Vines to Snow Tussocks: The Story of New Zealand Plants
196. Drake, Hilary and Burrows, C. J. 1980. 'The influx of potential macrofossils into Lady Lake, north Westland, New Zealand.' N. Z. Journ. Bot. 18: 257-74.
197. Pocknall, D J. 1980. 'Modern pollen rain and Aranuian vegetation from Lady Lake, north Westland, New Zealand.' N. Z. Journ. Bot. 18: 275-84.
198. Kemp, Elizabeth M. 1978. 'Tertiary climatic evolution and vegetation history in the southeast Indian Ocean region.' Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 4: 169-208.
199. Crook, Keith A. W. 1981. 'The break-up of the Australian-Antarctic segment of Gondwanaland.' Pp. 3-14 in Ecological Biogeography of Australia, A. Keast (Ed.). Junk.
200. Dettmann, Mary, E. 1981. 'The Cretaceous flora.' Pp. 357-75 in Ecological Biogeography of Australia, Allen Keast (Ed.). Junk.
201. The family Araucariaceae is still represented in New Zealand but with only one species, Agathis australis (kauri). Macrofossils of Araucaria have also been discovered, but as pollen of this genus and Agathis is very similar it is unclear when Araucaria became extinct in New Zealand.
202. Martin, Helene, A. 1981. 'The Tertiary flora.' Pp. 393-426 in Ecological Biogeography of Australia, Allen Keast (Ed.). Junk.
203. Smith, J. M. B. (Ed.) 1982. A History of Australasian Vegetation. McGraw-Hill.page 257
204. Fleming, C. A. 1979. The Geological History of New Zealand and its Life. Auckland University Press.
205. Mildenhall, D. C. and Pocknall, D. T. 1984. 'Palaeobotanical evidence for changes in Miocene and Pliocene climates in New Zealand.' Pp. 159-71 in Late Cainozoic Climates of the Southern Hemisphere, J. C. Vogel (Ed.). Sasqua International Symposium. A. A. Balkema, Netherlands.
206. Pocknall, D. T. and Mildenhall, D. C. 1984. 'Late Oligocene — early Miocene spores and pollen from Southland, New Zealand.' N. Z. Geol. Surv. Paleontol. Bull. 51.
207. Campbell, J. D. 1985. 'Casuarinaceae, Fagaceae, and other plant megafossils from Kaikorai Leaf Beds (Miocene), Kaikorai Valley, Dunedin, New Zealand.' N. Z. Journ. Bot. 23: 311-20.
208. McGlone, M. S. 1985. 'Plant biogeography and the late Cenozoic history of New Zealand.' N. Z. Journ. Bot. 23: 723-49.
209. Webb, L. J., Tracey, J. G. and Jessup, L. W. 1986. 'Recent evidence for autochthony of Australian tropical and subtropical rainforest floristic elements.' Telopea 2: 575-89.