The 4th Battalion Wellington (Taranaki) Rifle Volunteers
Humphries' Castle, Mount Egmont.
has its head quarters at New Plymouth, and dates from the 1st of May, 1901. The battalion consists of eight companies; namely, A Company—Taranaki Rifle Volunteers (New Plymouth); B Company—Taranaki Guards Rifle Volunteers (New Plymouth); C Company—Patea Rifle Volunteers; D Company—Inglewood Rifle Volunteers; E Company—Eltham Rifle Volunteers; F Company—Hawera Rifle Volunteers; G Company—Waitara Rifle Volunteers; and H Company—Stratford Rifle Volunteers. Staff officers Lieutenant-Colonel E. N. L. Okey, V.D.; Major William George Malone; Adjutant Captain Claude H. Weston; Pay and Quartermaster-Captain George Cock, V.D. Medical officers: Surgeon-Major H. A. McCleland; Surgeon-Captain G. Home; Honorary Chaplain, the Rev. F. G. Evans.