The Cyclopedia of New Zealand [Nelson, Marlborough & Westland Provincial Districts]
The Vernon Run
The Vernon Run is situated about eight miles to the south-east of Blenheim, in the south-eastern corner of the Wairau Plain, and is bounded on one side by the sea. It is one of the oldest sheep runs in Marlborough, and was first taken up in the forties by the late Mr. Redwood, and acquired by Mr. John Greenfield, the present proprietor in the year 1900. “Vernon” consists of 5,240 acres, and carries about 2,500 sheep. The homestead was originally built by the late Mr. Redwood, and commands a splendid view of Cloudy Bay.