The Cyclopedia of New Zealand [Otago & Southland Provincial Districts]
The Winton District High School
The Winton District High School was established about twenty-six years ago as an ordinary district school; it now contains four class-rooms. The playground is considerable in extent, beautifully planted and sown down in English grass. The headmaster's staff comprises a headmistress, two assistants, and two pupil-teachers. In the year 1901 the school was constituted a District High School.