The Cyclopedia of New Zealand [Otago & Southland Provincial Districts]
Greenwood, Harry John
Greenwood, Harry John , Watchmaker, Stationer, Fancy Goods Dealer, News Agent, and Photographer, corner of Bridge Street, opposite the railway, Mataura. The proprietor founded this business in 1892. There are three show windows in the shop and a general stock is maintained by Mr Greenwood, who acts as agent for Prictor's magazine depot. Mr Greenwood was born in 1866, in London, where he was educated, and landed at Wellington in 1888 by the s.s. “Tainui.” For a time he was settled at Henley, Otago, but removed to Invercargill, where he learned watchmaking under Mr N. J. M. Rein. Mr Greenwood is a member of the Mataura Cycling Club. He was married, in 1896, to a daughter of Mr William Wilson, of Port Molyneux, and has one son.