The Cyclopedia of New Zealand [Auckland Provincial District]
Mr. Henry Walton
Mr. Henry Walton was called to the Legislative Council in 1863, and was a member till 1866, when he resigned. He was one of Auckland's early colonists, and was always held in the very highest esteem. His father was one of the leading crape manufacturers in England. Mr. Walton and his brother Cuarles came to New Zealand in the forties and took up a large tract of native country at Maungatapere, near Whangarei, and brought it to a high state of cultivation. Both brothers were Justices of the Peace. They supplied the Kaipara Timber Mills with the bulk of the timber used in building in those early days, and started the lime kiln on Limestone Island, Whangarei Harbour, where the industry has since developed into a large business. Mr Walton went Home about 1885 to conduct his father's business, and died in England in 1896. He was married, but had no family.