The Cyclopedia of New Zealand [Auckland Provincial District]
Lambourne, Walter, Ironmonger and House Furnisher, Three Lamps, Ponsonby. Bankers, National Bank of New Zealand. Mr. Lambourne was born in Newton. Auckland, on the 21st of March, 1863, and is the third son of Mr. Frederick Lambourne, of Newton, the well-known proprietor of the local hardware establishment. He was educated at the public schools, apprenticed for five years to Messrs Cousins and Atkin, coachbuilders, and remained with that firm for eighteen months as a journeyman. He took his late brother's position at the Newton establishment and remained there seven years, until 1890, when he commenced business on his own account at the Three Lamps. Since then the premises have been enlarged several times and they are now seven times the original size. The trade extends to Mongonui in the north, and to Hawera and Gisborne in the south, and Mr. Lambourne is in a position to furnish any house throughout. He is a director of the Auckland Co-operative Terminating Building Society, an Oddfellow (American Constitution), and a past secretary of the Baptist Sunday school. Mr. Lambourne also takes a great interest in cycling and yachting. He married Miss Audelia S. Dewar, daughter of Mr. Alexander Dewar, mining expert, by whom he has one son.
Hanna, photo.Mr. W. Lambourne.