Sheepfarmer, Rangitumau, Opaki, Masterton. For over thirty years Mr. Harvey has been a colonist having arrived in Wellington per ship “Albimar” in 1862. Born in Kintore, Rossshire, Scotland, in 1838, he was brought up to agricultural and pastoral pursuits, and for seventeen years after settling in New Zealand filled the position of working overseer on a large station in Hawkes Bay district. In 1881 Mr. Harvey came to the Wairarapa, becoming manager of the Akiteo station, which position he held for nine years. The
Photo by T. Price, Masterton.
Rangitumau estate of 510 acres, acquired by Mr. Harvey in 1890, is all in grass, and carries from 1000 to 1700 sheep, mostly of the crossbred variety, besides a few dairy cows and young stock. In 1876 the subject of this notice was married to a daughter of Mr. Hamilton, of Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, and has four sons and five daughters.