The Cyclopedia of New Zealand [Wellington Provincial District]
Dryden and Guilford
Dryden and Guilford (Henry Ernest Dryden and William Henry Guilford), Licensed Waterworks and General Plumbers, Gastitters, and Sanitary Engineers, 1 Ghunznee Street. Private residences: Mr. Dryden, Karori; Mr. Guildford, Parliament Street. Both partners are natives of the Colony. Mr. Dryden was appientiesl to J. E. Hayes and Co., plumbers, gasfitters, and sanitary engineers, Lambton Quay, Wellington. Having given close attention to all departments of the trade, he duly completed his term in 1887, and at once set about to commence in business on his own behalf. In the following year, 1888, he established the present business, and conducted the same successfully till 1893. In the latter year Mr. Guildford, who had finished his apprenticeship with Messrs. Hayes and Co. in 1888, was admitted a partner in the business. Mr. Gaildtord, like his coadjutor, had fully qualified by becoming an expert in all branches of the trade, and both have together worked hard, so as to give satisfaction to their numerous clients. The firm does a consi lerable local, trade, undertaking all descriptions of general plumbing work. They are specially licensed by the City Council authorities as waterwork plumbers. The specialty of their business is sanitary work, such as closets, drains, etc., and hot water fittings in connection with houses, public institutions, or business premises, and in this line they have a considerable connection. The building occupied by the firm is of wood, two stories in height, and affords about 1000 square feet of floor space.