The Cyclopedia of New Zealand [Wellington Provincial District]
Johnsonville Town District
Johnsonville Town District, which was established in 1877, has a population of 438, the number of dwellings being eighty-three, and the ratepayers eighty-nine. The area of the township is 780 acres, the total value for rating purposes being £47,040, on which an annual rate of one halfpenny in the pound is levied. The income of the Board is about £95 from rates, £80 from licenses, and over £20 Government subsidy. The members of the Board for 1896 are:—Messrs. W. Dawson (chairman), J. Rod (treasurer), J. Ricketts, E. G. M. Corlett, and J. Moore, Mr. W. Anderson acting as secretary.