White Wings Vol II. Founding Of The Provinces And Old-Time Shipping. Passenger Ships From 1840 To 1885
This vessel, a barque of 598 tons, was a new ship when she was first placed in the New Zealand trade, but never made any fast passages out. She was built in Jersey for G. Turnbull and Co., of Glasgow, and chartered by the new firm, Shaw, Savill and Co. She made three voyages to New Zealand. In 1859 she sailed from the Clyde on the 19th August, and arrived at Port Chalmers on the 1st December, three days after sighting land, and brought out a large number of passengers.
On August 1st, 1862, the Sevilla, with 242 passengers, sailed from the Clyde in company with the ship Abouker (900 tons), both bound for Port Chalmers. She arrived at Port Chalmers on November 11th, five days after the Aboukir, which had experienced similar weather.
The Sevilla made one voyage to Auckland in 1851. On this occasion she embarked at Queenstown two officers and 110 men of the 14th Regiment, and 20 saloon passengers. She sailed on the 20th October, 1860, and after a protracted voyage of 128 days anchored in Auckland harbour on the 25th February, 1861. Captain H. Kerr was in command during the three passages.