Founded in London with branches in several British Colonies. Aimed to promote Imperial Federation.
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- Information for the use of branches; issued by authority of the General Committee, December, 1884 in The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 57
- Report of adjourned conference, and of the first meeting of the League, held November 18, 1884 in The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 57
- Imperial federation: report of the conference held July 29, 1884, at the Westminster Palace Hotel ... in The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 57
- Expressions of opinion on imperial federation, by public men at home and in the colonies in The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 57
- Report of public meeting held in the Town Hall, Melbourne, on Friday evening, 5th June 1885 ... together with a statement of the objects and rules of the League in The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 84
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Imperial Federation League as: "Imperial Federation League". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Imperial Federation League":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.