Published in Experiment Magazine. Worked as the Advertising Manager for The Spike (in 1961). Worked as an illustrator for Salient in 1957.
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- Midwinter: The Junction in Experiment 3
- Henry in Experiment 5
- To A Young Lady From A Position of Hopeless Disadvantage in Experiment 2
- At Weir ‘Twas the...Night Before Hellebore in Salient. The Newspaper of Victoria University College. Vol. 19, No. 6. May 31, 1955
- Exec [Report by J. Gamby] in Salient. An Organ of Student Opinion at Victoria University College, Wellington N.Z. Vol. 21, No. 9. July 23, 1958
- Botany Suburban Bay in Experiment 5
- This is Weir in Salient. The Newspaper of Victoria University College, Wellington, N.Z. Vol. 19, No. 3. March 24, 1955
- More Power to Socialists: My Ivory Tower in Salient. An Organ of Student Opinion at Victoria University College, Wellington N.Z. Vol. 21, No. 2. March 27, 1958
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for John Oakley Gamby as: "John Oakley Gamby". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "John Oakley Gamby":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.