Also known as: John Duncan Andrew Hercus.
Victoria University student executive vice president, 1957
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- The Story of the Union Building in The Spike [or Victoria University College Review 1961]
- Billets, Please in Salient. An Organ of Student Opinion at Victoria University, Wellington. Vol. 21, No. 8. 2nd July, 1958
- Hello From Hercus in Salient: An Organ of Student Opinion at Victoria University Wellington. Vol. 23. No. 1. 1960
- The Union Project in Salient: An organ of student opinion at Victoria University, Wellington. Vol. 23, No. 5. Wednesday, June 15, 1960
- Be Good, Won’t You!: It’s ‘Capping’ Time Again in Salient: An organ of student opinion at Victoria University, Wellington. Vol. 23, No. 4. Wednesday, May 4, 1960
- Capping And The Student Union Building in Salient: An organ of student opinion at Victoria University, Wellington. Vol. 23, No. 4. Wednesday, May 4, 1960
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for J. D. A. Hercus as: "J. D. A. Hercus", "John Duncan Andrew Hercus". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "J. D. A. Hercus":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.