Founded in 1853.
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- Land regulations: a reprint of the laws now in force relating to the sale, disposal and occupation of waste lands in the Province of Wellington. Also, Regulations relative to special settlements and the sale of land on deferred payments in The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 7
- He Pukapuka Na Te Runanga. Poneke.
- Ki nga tangata Maori o te kotinga ki Poneke. Kua maha aku kianga atu kia koutou, ki te rongo ahau i tetahi korero hou era e whakina atu kia koutou
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Wellington Provincial Council as: "Wellington Provincial Council". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Wellington Provincial Council":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.