New Zealand poet.
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- The Classicist in Experiment 1
- Poem For A Castillian Gentleman in Experiment 6
- Death Of A Saint in Experiment 6
- Reminders on Footwear in Experiment 3
- The Kingdom Of Cards in Experiment 6
- The Beautiful Girl in Experiment 6
- [poems by Gordon Challis] in The Spike [: or, Victoria University College Review 1957]
- Sometimes the Hands of Children in Experiment 1
- Saturday 6 O’Clock Train in Experiment 2
- Holiday in Experiment 4
- The Black King in Experiment 7
- Thin Partition in Experiment 7
- Birthday in Hospital in Experiment 7
- [untitled poem from Building by Gordon Challis] in Salient: Victoria University Students' Paper. Vol. 27, No. 15. 1964.
- Communications in The Spike [or Victoria University College Review 1961]
- The Stack-Room in The Spike [or Victoria University College Review 1961]
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Gordon Challis as: "Gordon Challis". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Gordon Challis":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.