Chief Financial Officer of the New Zealand National Party. Also an author and poet.
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- The King of No Man’s Land: Sergt. R. C. Travis: V.C., D.C.M., M.M., Croix de Guerre (For.) (vol 8, issue 8) in The New Zealand Railways Magazine, Volume 8, Issue 8 (December 1, 1933)
- Tuna, The Eel: His Life History in The New Zealand Railways Magazine, Volume 9, Issue 3 (June 1, 1934.)
- Cross-Roads of History: The Days of the Taniwha in The New Zealand Railways Magazine, Volume 14, Issue 11 (February 1, 1940)
- The Kauri Gum Industry. in The New Zealand Railways Magazine, Volume 10, Issue 7 (October 1, 1935)
- Royal Fish: The Whaling Industry in New Zealand in The New Zealand Railways Magazine, Volume 9, Issue 7 (October 1, 1934)
- Railways and the Great War: “Mightier than the Sword” in The New Zealand Railways Magazine, Volume 7, Issue 8 (February 1, 1933)
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Martin Joseph Sylvester Nestor as: "Martin Joseph Sylvester Nestor". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Martin Joseph Sylvester Nestor":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.