Journalist, author, and parliamentary reporter.
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- The Circus Comes to Town in The New Zealand Railways Magazine, Volume 12, Issue 11 (February 1, 1938)
- New Roads Over the Ranges: The Hakataramea Pass in The New Zealand Railways Magazine, Volume 13, Issue 4 (July 1, 1938.)
- Escape to Beauty and Old Adventure: A Caroline Bay Sketch in The New Zealand Railways Magazine, Volume 12, Issue 8 (November 1, 1937)
- A Rural Vignette: Or the Forgotten Branch Line in The New Zealand Railways Magazine, Volume 11, Issue 11 (February 1, 1937)
- Facets of Life Behind the Facade of the Wellington Station in The New Zealand Railways Magazine, Volume 13, Issue 6 (September 1, 1938)
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Bernice Elizabeth Shackleton as: "Bernice Elizabeth Shackleton". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Bernice Elizabeth Shackleton":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.