Missionary in New Plymouth.
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- An Epitome of Official Documents Relatives to Native Affairs and Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand
- Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One
- Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume Two
- Maori Deeds of Old Private Land Purchases in New Zealand, From the Year 1815 to 1840, with Pre-Emptive and Other Claims
- Plans of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand. Volume One: Province of Auckland
- Plans of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand. Volume Two: Provinces of Taranaki, Wellington and Hawke’s Bay
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Rev. Henry Hanson Turton as: "Rev. Henry Hanson Turton". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Rev. Henry Hanson Turton":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.