Also known as: Percy Smith.
Surveyor, public servant, ethnologist, writer.
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- Taranaki, the Garden of New Zealand: Short history and General Description in The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 78
- Geographical Sketch in The New Zealand Reader
- The Land System of New Zealand and Description of Land Districts in The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 75
- The Eruption of Tarawera, New Zealand in The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 67
- The Kermadec Islands: Their Capabilities and Extent in The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 67
- Hawaiki: The Original Home of the Maori, With a Sketch of Polynesian History
- History and Traditions of the Maoris of the West Coast North Island of New Zealand Prior to 1840
- Maori Wars of the Nineteenth Century
- Niuē-fekai (or Savage) Island and its People
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Stephenson Percy Smith as: "Stephenson Percy Smith", "Percy Smith". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Stephenson Percy Smith":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.