C.B., K.C.B., m.i.d., Légion d'honneur (croix d'officier), Croix de guerre (avec palme). Sheepfarmer, military leader.
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- A Tribute from Major-General Sir A. H. Russell, K.C.B., K.C.M.G. (D.), [F.] in Official History of the Otago Regiment, N.Z.E.F. in the Great War 1914-1918
- Preface [ to Ways and By-Ways of a Singing Kiwi with the N.Z. Divisional Entertainers in France] in Ways and By-Ways of a Singing Kiwi with the N.Z. Divisional Entertainers in France
- Foreword to “The Silent Division: New Zealanders at the Front, 1914-1919” in The Silent Division: New Zealanders at the Front, 1914-1919
- Foreword 1 [to the Official History of the New Zealand Rifle Brigade] in The Official History of the New Zealand Rifle Brigade
- First Foreword to “With the Machine Gunners in France and Palestine” in With the Machine Gunners in France and Palestine
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Major General Andrew Hamilton Russell as: "Major General Andrew Hamilton Russell". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Major General Andrew Hamilton Russell":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.