The Honorable William Pember Reeves
10 February 1857–15 May 1932
Politician, historian, poet, high commissioner, banker.
Spouses: Magdalene Stuart Reeves
Children: Amber Reeves
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- New Zealand (vol 4, issue 6) in The New Zealand Railways Magazine, Volume 4, Issue 6 (October 1, 1929)
- New Zealand (vol 3, issue 12) in The New Zealand Railways Magazine, Volume 3, Issue 12 (April 1, 1929)
- A Council of the Empire in The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 78
- Extract from Prologue in The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 30
- New Zealand Literature, quoted in APPENDIX I — New Zealand Literature…
- The Long White Cloud: Ao Tea Roa
- The New Zealand Reader
Subject of Texts
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for The Honorable William Pember Reeves as: "The Honorable William Pember Reeves". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "The Honorable William Pember Reeves":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.