Farmer, explorer, linguist, magistrate, land court judge.
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- A Compendium of Official Documents Relative to Native Affairs in the South Island, Volume One.
- A Compendium of Official Documents Relative to Native Affairs in the South Island. Volume Two.
- Land purchases, Middle Island : in continuation of paper G. 6, 1874, presented 29th July, 1874 : presented to both Houses of the General Assembly by command of His Excellency
- Letter from Mr. Alexander Mackay, Forwarding Draft of a New Native Reserves Bill
- Middle Island Native Land Question (Report on.), By Mr. Commissioner Mackay.
- Report on Native Land Claims in Marlborough
- Whakarewarewa School Reserve, Motueka (Report of Mr. Commissioner Mackay upon the).
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Alexander Mackay as: "Alexander Mackay". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Alexander Mackay":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.