Draughtsman, artist, surveyor, explorer, soldier, public servant.
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- Port Nicholson from the hills above Pitone in 1840 / drawn by Chas. Heaphy Esqre. London, Smith Elder & Co.,  in Selected Images from the Collections of the Alexander Turnbull Library
- [Te Horeta Taniwha. 185-] in Selected Images from the Collections of the Alexander Turnbull Library
- North Island ... sketch showing approximately the extent of white territory, and the districts which have fed the war in Selected Images from the Collections of the Alexander Turnbull Library
- Report of the result of an inquiry as to desirability of selling the Native Reserve at Greymouth : ordered by the Legislative Council to be translated into Maori and printed, 14th August, 1872
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Charles Heaphy as: "Charles Heaphy". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Charles Heaphy":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.