Poet, journalist, printer, typographer, publisher, naval officer.
Children: Rupert James Matthews Glover
Descendants: Pia Glover
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- Foreword [to Fairburn’s Collected Poems] in Collected Poems
- Snowfall At Night. in The New Zealand Railways Magazine, Volume 11, Issue 8 (November 2, 1936)
- Waitaki. in The New Zealand Railways Magazine, Volume 11, Issue 9 (December 1, 1936)
- Landscape Of Change. in The New Zealand Railways Magazine, Volume 10, Issue 11 (February 1, 1936)
- A Summer Day in The New Zealand Railways Magazine, Volume 11, Issue 1 (April 1, 1936.)
- Verse and Prose Photography in The Spike or Victoria College Review 1947
- War Memorial in Salient. An Organ of Student Opinion at Victoria College, Wellington, N.Z. Vol. 2, No. 12. June 28, 1939
- Wood-Engravings in Salient: Victoria University Students' Paper. Vol. 27, No. 15. 1964.
Subject of Texts
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Denis James Matthews Glover as: "Denis James Matthews Glover". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Denis James Matthews Glover":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.