Lawyer, politician, writer.
Works by this Author in Our Collection
- Legal Liberty; a lecture delivered before the Philosophical Society, Palmerston North, on Thursday, April 21, 1910 in The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 81
- Labour and the Arbitration Act; speech, delivered at a meeting of the Wellington Liberal and Labour Federation held in Wellington on 17th June, 1908 in The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 81
- The Degeneration of Liberalism In New Zealand in The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 75
- Anarchism: its origin and aim; a lecture delivered in Wellington by J.D. (sic) Findlay in The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 72
- The Land Bill, Address by the Attorney-General, Mr Massey’s Criticisms Answered in The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 78
For several reasons, including lack of resource and inherent ambiguity, not all names in the NZETC are marked-up. This means that finding all references to a topic often involves searching. Search for Sir John George Findlay as: "Sir John George Findlay". Additional references are often found by searching for just the main name of the topic (the surname in the case of people).
The following collections may have holdings relevant to "Sir John George Findlay":
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, which has entries for many prominent New Zealanders.
- Archives New Zealand, which has collections of maps, plans and posters; immigration passenger lists; and probate records.
- National Library of New Zealand, which has extensive collections of published material.
- Auckland War Memorial Museum, which has extensive holdings on the Auckland region and New Zealand military history.
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, which has strong holdings in Tāonga Māori, biological holotypes and New Zealand art.
- nzhistory.net.nz, from the History Group of the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.